The Summit Educational Service Center maintains a Substitute Paraprofessional list for many of the districts in Summit County. To place your name on the list, the following items are required:
- Criminal Record Check
- We require substitutes to present current copies of the BCI and FBI fingerprint check results. If you have not been fingerprinted within the past 12 months, we offer fingerprinting services using the WebCheck electronic fingerprinting system. Fingerprinting is done by appointment only! Please contact 330-945-5600 or 330-926-3918 to schedule your appointment. The fee for both is $61.00 (payable by check, money order or exact cash). If you have current checks, but cannot obtain hard copies, you will have to have them redone as well.
- Photocopy of VALID State of Ohio Educational Aide Permit.
If you do not currently have an Educational Aide Permit, please refer to the following instructions...
- The Ohio Department of Education is no longer accepting paper applications for ANY new or renewed license as of January 1, 2014. This includes full teaching licenses, as well as substitute licenses (long and short term) and Educational Aide Permits. Please be sure to upload your certificate to your Applicant Tracking application.
- During the application process, please choose Summit Educational Service Center as the "District" (IRN# 049965).
- If you have not done so, you are highly encouraged to sign up for a SAFE account to track your application progress.
Questions regarding the Educational Aide Permit may be directed to Lori Johnston
- Completion of the ParaproOrientation and ParaproSkills courses
(You will receive notification if this is a requirement based on your experience and/or district preferences)
- Online application through Applicant Tracking (formerly AppliTrack)
- Three (3) reference letters
- Fraud Reporting Information
Please read the information regarding the State of Ohio Fraud Reporting laws and hotline announcements.
Please note that if you meet the requirements for Substitute Teaching and want to be a Substitute Paraprofessional, in addition to providing all of the substitute teaching requirements, you will also need to complete the Substitute Paraprofessional application.