About Substitute Orientation and Training
Substitute orientation and skills training is provided online through STEDI.org
, a division of the Substitute Teaching Institute of the University of Utah. This online series consists of two parts: SubOrientation Course and SubSkills Training Course.
Upon successful completion of the training modules, you can print out a SubDiploma which you will submit along with the other required paperwork to be placed on our Substitute Teacher List.
Online SubOrientation and SubSkills Course Information
For $39.95 you will receive:
- Unlimited access to the SubOrientation and SubSkills online courses for one year
- Online Substitute Teacher Manual
- Access to the vast array of online resources available through STEDI.org
To be included on the next available substitute list, you must complete the courses and attach the SubDiploma, along with all of the other required documents, to the AppliTrack application.
Once you have successfully completed all of the requirements, please contact Lori Johnston at 330-926-3918 to make arrangements for final document completion at our office.
- Click the large button below to go to STEDI.org's website.
- Select Purchase Training.
- Select SubSkills Online Training Course for $39.95 and add to cart.
- In your cart, verify your course and select Proceed to Checkout.
- Fill in the required information to create an account.
Once your order is processed, you may begin taking the SubOrientation and SubSkills courses immediately by selecting Go to Course.
- In the District box, be sure to select Summit County ESC as your district. (Do NOT select the individual district(s) that you are interested in subbing for.)
- Remember or write down your password.
- Visa and Mastercard are accepted, but you may contact them by phone if you wish to pay by check.
Begin the SubOrientiation & SubSkills Courses
If you have any difficulty with the Online SubOrientation or SubSkills course, you MUST call STEDI.org directly at 1-800-922-4693.