PAX Good Behavior Game
Starting 6/6/2019 at 8:30 AM until 4:00 PM
• Summit ESC - Curriculum
• Summit ESC - Teaching & Learning
• Summit ESC - Special Education
• Summit ESC - Early Childhood
• Summit ESC - School Improvement
• Summit ESC - Behavior Management & Interventions
• Summit ESC - Mental Health
• Summit ESC - School Counselors
• Summit ESC - Support Staff
• Summit ESC - Adminstrative
PAX Good Behavior Game:
PAX GBG is a classroom-based preventive intervention that gives teachers the skills and strategies to create nurturing environments in their classrooms by teaching self-regulation, co-regulation, and group regulation throughout their daily instruction. Thus, instead of merely implementing an “anti-drug” campaign, the PAX Good Behavior Game actually teaches students skills in delayed gratification that have shown in multiple controlled trials to dramatically improve behavioral, academic, and lifetime outcomes.
Benefits for Teachers and Students:
Major improvement in engaged learning by students.
60-90 minute more time to teach and learn each day.
75-125 fewer disruptions per hour in classes.
Improved benchmark scores that predict success on standardized tests.
20%-30% less need for special education.
Improved family life because of children's improvements at school.
Improved benefits of other prevention efforts.
This is for Summit County districts only