Audience: Elementary, STE(A)M, Makerspace, Science, Career Center/Vocational Educators and District Administrators (Especially Principals and Business Managers)
This professional learning session is designed to:
- Acknowledge the benefits of hands-on learning labs and establish collaborative approaches for teaching safely in inquiry-based environments.
- Explain federal safety standards, negligence, tort law, and duty of care in simple terms.
- Explore methods for safer professional practices and teaching strategies by addressing general safety and biological, chemical, and physical hazards.
- Determine action plans for responding to emergency situations, including safety controls (i.e., engineering, administrative and personal protective equipment).
- Explore planning and design considerations for creating safer spaces (e.g., exemplar makerspaces, floor plans, instructional areas and equipment, etc.)
Cost: $125.00 (Includes Book: Safer Makerspaces, Fav Labs and STEM labs)
Registration: Please contact Sally Gibson at [email protected]
Presenters: Dr. Tyler Love, Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg and Dr. Missi Zender-Sakach, Summit ESC
*If a C&I PD is unable to be held face-to-face other options will
be made available if possible (remote, webinars, google classroom, etc.)
*Training Rooms MAX capacity determined by 1 person per table*
Please be advised that Summit ESC is following all mandates/guidelines currently in place from the Ohio Department of Health. This includes, but is not limited to, increased cleaning, temperature checks for our staff, and mask requirements for our staff.
As a guest of our building, we ask that you do not enter the building if you are sick, have been exposed to COVID-19, have a cough, fever or experiencing shortness of breath. Due to the Summit County Public Health Order, all guests are required to wear a mask in our building. For the safety of all guests and ESC staff, we will not serve coffee, water or food during any of our meetings. We can provide a list of local restaurants for our guests.