Summit ESC is proud to partner with Renhill Group
to provide substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, aides and attendants for our partner districts and ESC programs. All substitutes will be hired by Renhill Group, however all onboarding will take place at Summit ESC.
As a service to the school districts in Summit County, the Summit Educational Service Center (ESC) onboards substitute teachers, paraprofessionals, aides and attendants who have completed the required training and application process. Those chosen to sub in districts that are not part of our Renhill Group partnerships will be required to fill out the necessary paperwork to become a substitute in said district. Summit ESC simply vets substitutes for those districts.
To be included on either substitute list, every individual who is new to substituting through the Summit ESC must meet several requirements in the completion of the application process, regardless of experience and licensure type.
- Completed AppliTrack application
- Make sure to upload ALL of the required documents into your application.
- Successful completion of BCI/FBI background checks.
- Please note that we can accept BCI/FBI results completed in the last 365 days.
- See the Background Checks page for more information.
- Valid Ohio Department of Education teaching license, educational aide permit or substitute teaching license.
- A completed I-9 FORM must be uploaded into your Applitrack Application
- In-person meeting at Summit ESC (please note, you will need to schedule this appointment after you have successfully completed all above steps).
- Interviews can be scheduled between 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM, Monday through Thursday by calling 330.945.5600
- Please bring a passport or two acceptable forms of ID with you.
For those choosing to work through our partnership with Renhill, the Renhill Group Onboarding Process
will also require online payroll and training to complete the onboarding process via email. Questions about substituting for Renhill Group, contact Alaina LaManna at [email protected]